Helen Basic Details
|Famous For||Popular Bollywood Movie Dancer & Salman Khan’s Step Mother|
|Age||83 Year As Of The Year 2022|
|Birth Date||21 November 1938|
|Birth Place||Rangoon, British Burma|
|Native Place||Rangoon, British Burma|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Helen Family Background
- Helen Parents : George Desmier & Marlene
- Helen Siblings : Brother Roger & Sister Jennifer
- Helen First Husband : Prem Narayan Arora (M:1957, D:1974)
- Helen Husband : Salim Khan (M:1981)
- Helen Daughter : Arpita Khan (Adopted)
Helen Life Events
- She was born to an Anglo-Indian father and a Burmese mother.
- During World War II, she lost her father and then her family trekked to Dibrugarh of Assam in 1943.
- In 1958, at the age of 19, Helen got her first break in the film “Howrah Bridge“.
- Before this film, she used to work as a group dancer in films like “Shabistan” and “Awaara“.
- Her song “Mere Naam Chin Chu Chu” from the film “Howrah Bridge” became popular.
- Popular Bollywood Playback singer “Asha Bhosale” sang many songs for Helen.
- Apart from doing dance number’s she also played supporting roles in many Bollywood movies.
- In 1979, she won “Best Actress In Supporting Role” Filmfare Award for Mahesh Bhatt’s film “Lahu Ke Do Rang“.
- In 1999, She was honoured with “Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award“.
- In 2009, Helen was honored with “Padma Shri Award“.
- Currently she lives with her husband Salim Khan in Galaxy Apartment, Mumbai.
We hope you have liked the article. Please do check our other articles too.